Saturday morning I was ready to run away. Isaac spilled Jacob's milk all over the kitchen floor and rug and Jacob peed on the desk chair (don't ask!). Isaac was clingy and Jacob was cranky. Alan was at a church work day so I was by myself and not in the mood to deal with it.
But then Isaac took a really long morning nap and while he slept Jacob and I read book after book after book. While Isaac isn't around, we pull out the paper-paged books that Isaac could rip to shreds. Jacob loves all the new stories and that they are his special books.
Then we played hide-n-seek. It is such a hoot playing with him since he doesn't entirely 'get' the game. If he hides, he always goes behind the curtain leading to the basement stairs and once you get close, he always pops out.
When I hide, he always looks in the last place I hid and when he doesn't find me there, he says, 'Nope.' and keeps looking. On Saturday I was hiding by the coffee table and he looked next to the library table (my previous hiding spot). 'Nope.' Then he looked under the dog bed, 'Nope.' I was laughing so hard I almost blew my cover!
Saturday afternoon Alan received the news that he was promoted to full professor. This fall he had to submit all the stuff he had accomplished since his last review - articles written, classes he taught, research he worked on, service, etc, etc. The board met this weekend and it was unanimously decided that he be promoted. Yay for Alan!
After Isaac went to bed, I was snuggling on the couch with Jacob and I heard Alan messing around in the kitchen. He was working on a yummy, caramel apple dessert.
This was before he inverted it
Yum! We served it with a delicious dessert wine and ate it while we watched the movie 'Whip It'.
Sunday morning Alan and Jacob went to church while I stayed home so Isaac could nap. He took a very short nap, but that ended up being okay because he went down for his afternoon nap shortly after Jacob went down for his and they both slept until about 3:30. While they napped, Alan and I got naps in too. I can't remember the last time we all got Sunday afternoon naps! Heavenly.
So what started off as a stinky weekend, ended up being a pretty good weekend.
2 comments:
Okay, I seriously laughed out loud when you mentioned that Jacob peed on the chair. Isn't that great? For a few weeks Ethan was peeing on his bed (and even once on his toys) nearly every day. That's when we had to break out the duct tape. Thankfully he seems to have gotten over doing that :) Oh the joys of parenthood!!
CONGRATULATIONS to Alan!
Post a Comment