On March 9, Isaac celebrated his fourth birthday and oh boy, was he excited!
We gave him a couple gifts first thing in the morning. Unfortunately, most of those pics didn't turn out due to camera operator error. Oops (yeah, that was me, but hey, it was early in the morn, okay?).
But, here he is in his new mask and red boots.
Spidey to the rescue!That afternoon he had a few friends over for a super hero party. He really wanted everyone to dress up as super heroes and it was so fun to see all his buddies in costume!
Two of our smallest heroes
My mom was the real super hero of the day for helping me put all those fruit kabobs together! It took longer than I had planned on and she saved the day by doing it for me.
Don't fall in the lava pit!
This was just one of the activities I set up for the kiddos. I guess I didn't get pics of the rest. Boo. We had pin the star on Captain America's shield and an X-ray vision game. I also didn't get a picture of the favors I handed out (more boo). I made date/almond/cocoa balls and called them Power Balls 'to give you energy the next time you need to Hero Up!'
The heroes were much more interested in just running around, though. Probably why I did't get pictures of the games. Nobody played them! Ya win some, ya lose some.
Isaac wanted a dance party included in the festivities (he had very specific ideas). We played the theme song to 'Super Hero Squad' and the kids ran around, which is their version of dancing.
Do you think these kids like cupcakes?
He wanted the Scarlet Witch cupcake.
We all decided we need to hire Paul to entertain our kids. They had so much fun running after that ball!
Fun, fun party!
Last Sunday we had a little party with our family to celebrate not only Isaac's, but also Mike's birthday.
I spent the day before the party planning for it and things did not exactly go as planned. This is my Facebook post from that evening.
1 flat tire - check
1 pot of overcooked beans - check
1 pork roast in the trash - check
Meat and cheese on my cheese less veggie burrito - check
Welcome to Patty's Pity Party.
Maybe I'll laugh about this tomorrow :)
1 pot of overcooked beans - check
1 pork roast in the trash - check
Meat and cheese on my cheese less veggie burrito - check
Welcome to Patty's Pity Party.
Maybe I'll laugh about this tomorrow :)
I didn't dare laugh on Sunday because the preparations weren't over yet, but the party went off without a hitch and at the end of the day when I asked Isaac if he had fun he said, 'Yes! It was exactly how I wanted it!' So, all the headache of the day before was worth it to hear my little guy say that!
The day was gorgeous! We could not have asked for better weather.
Isaac helping Boppa try on his Spiderman mask. It's Super Hero day at school next Wednesday and Isaac thought my dad should be Spiderman.
Isaac LOVED this Transformer card from my parents.
He wanted to pose with it
And all his gifts
He's saying, 'Walkie Talkies!!!'
'Rescue Bots!!!'
Trying out the walkie talkies. Jacob and Isaac were/are a little shaky on how to operate. Jacob just shouts into it and Isaac pushes the button for every word he speaks.
I can just imagine what Alan was hearing over that walkie talkie!
A super hero cake for the super birthday boys!
Here's another case of specific ideas. Isaac wanted a lemon cake with blueberries and we went back and forth as to how this cake should be - blueberries in the cake or blueberry filling or blueberries on top?? We finally decided on a lemon cake with blueberries baked in the cake, lemon curd filling and lemon buttercream frosting. It was pretty stinkin' good, if I do say so myself!
















No comments:
Post a Comment