Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Weekly Update

Looks like I haven't posted for a week! Oops. Guess time just slips by. :P

Yesterday I took Jacob over to my parents' to spend the day while I did some serious cleaning. I've decided that I am going to do this once a month. Jacob was so good for my parents and they had a blast with him and I got a ton done. I was pretty pooped at the end of the day, but felt so good after accomplishing so much.

My dad took Jacob for a run yesterday morning


I was rewarded last night for my day of cleaning with a mom's night out with my Stroller Strides friends. One of the girls went to culinary school and did a cooking demonstration for us that we got to eat at the end. We made beer chicken (aka beer butt chicken), grilled asparagus, zucchini and red peppers with a balsamic vinaigrette that we made into quesadillas with Gruyere and Monterey Jack cheeses, and a salad with mandarin oranges, feta, onion and topped with toasted, sugary almonds. For dessert we made blackberry truffles. YUM! It was a really fun evening, great to see all of the girls again.

Today I took Jacob to the doctor because he has had a red, dry patch on his neck for a few weeks. Today it just looked bad, kinda raw so I decided the doctor better check it out. She took one look and said Eczema. She recommended some over the counter remedies and gave us a sample of Aquaphor wash. Fortunately, Jacob doesn't seem bothered by it. He never scratches at it, which is good because that can cause infection. Hopefully this stuff will do the trick. Poor baby!

Oh! He was weighed at his appointment today and is 17 lbs, 9 oz. with his clothes on, up from 16 lbs, 3 oz at his 9 month check up.

I think I mentioned last week that Jacob is now standing up in his crib.
Look how proud he is! This was the first time I saw him do it and had to grab the camera to document it.


At night he was still sleeping in his Sleep Sack, but I decided that is dangerous now, so he wears big boy jammies to bed. Not a big deal, but just another sign that my baby is growing up. ;P

Last night he woke up at 3:00am and was up until 4:30. Nice. I think he is getting another tooth in so that is likely the problem. He is having trouble getting to sleep for his nap now too. Poor guy!

The organic produce co-op that I was going to every week is no longer. Long story about how that happened, but there is hope that it will return. In the meantime, I am seriously bummed. Is it strange to be sad about veggies?

No comments: