Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Random Stuff

I found some pics on the camera and thought I would share them.

Isaac got into some of my yarn. I think he looks a bit like the Swamp Thing.

Jacob had to join in and they did a little dancing wearing their yarn

Hmmmm......I seem to have made quite a mess of things.

A while back I mentioned the Crochet-Along I was doing. I am plugging along, but not keeping up with the weekly clues. I've been wrapped up in making baby afghans and the CAL afghan has been put aside. That's okay! I really enjoy making the baby blankets and now another baby has been born so I get to make another one.
Here are the squares I have finished so far. I've actually been learning a lot. I cheat and read a message board devoted to this CAL and the people on there give great tips and advice.

Last week the Leonard girls spent the day here and after lunch Jacob and Maddie decided that they were tired and needed to rest on the couch together.

As you can see, there wasn't a whole lot of resting going on.

They weren't really sleeping, just pretending.

This year I have been hearing a lot about Thanksgiving trees, so I thought I would give it a go. I am not crafty in the least, so my Thanksgiving tree is a bit Charlie Brown-ish. I was reminded, however, that it doesn't really matter, especially to a 3 year old. He just loves the tree and when he showed it to Alan he said, 'Look at our Thanksgiving tree, Daddy! Its our beautiful tree!'

Every morning after breakfast I ask Jacob what he is thankful for. This usually takes some prompting and after he names everything he has said in previous days, we come up with something and I write it on a leaf and then he hangs it on the tree. I try to talk about that person or thing throughout the day and why we are thankful for it/them. This morning Isaac wanted in on the action too. I asked him what he is thankful for. 'Bees.' No idea where that came from, but Jacob right away said, 'Bees make honey!' Maybe we'll have to have a snack that involves honey today. :D

2 comments:

Sarah Schenkel said...

I think your Thanksgiving tree looks great!

Jessica said...

I love their pretend nap... so cute.