Here's what I've finished so far. Maybe when I'm done I'll figure out how to embroider numbers on them.
I was trying to come up with something to fill each mitten with and since I really wanted to get the boys a plastic nativity set that they can play with, I decided to put one piece in each mitten. I'll have to come up with some other things, but that will be my main focus this year. I want to get some Christmas story books too. Not for the calendar, just to read to the boys so we can talk about the meaning of Christmas. Any suggestions? I could use some suggestions to fill my other mittens too.
Okay, off to crochet more mittens.......
3 comments:
Walmart has some pretty good Christ themed Christmas books by different authors I have the little golden book ones because thats what I had as a kiddo
Cute idea Patty!!
Patty, I enjoy reading your blog - I always laugh over the fun things you share. I had to respond about the Advent and books- Fisher Price has the Little People's Nativity Set. It is at Target, if you're interested. I have collected children's books through the years especially Christmas stories. Your boys might enjoy these: The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado, Legend of the Christmas Tree by Rick Osbourne, The Pine Tree Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs, The Donkey's Christmas Song by Nancy Tafuri, and The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski.
Karen
Post a Comment