For lunch that day I made IHop Harvest grain-n-nut pancakes. I haven't had them at the restaurant in a while, but I think these were pretty close. Unfortunately we kinda ate in shifts for lunch since Alan was dealing with a leaky bathroom sink.
After Isaac's nap, my parents took the boys to the museum to see a train exhibit.
Jacob is excited to go! All set in his Thomas shirt. Like the band-aid on his nose? He has a scab that he won't leave alone so we put a band-aid on it so he'll stop pickin'!

Looks like Oma enjoyed herself too!
Jacob and Isaac were in train heaven with this Thomas train table!
While they were gone, one of the things I worked on was making chicken pot pie for dinner. This recipe is so good, but so, so bad. Its got cream cheese in the crust and lots of butter everywhere, so I only make it a couple times a year. A birthday is a time to indulge, right?
That evening, Alan made little bread puddings out of the leftover apple bread. Yum!
Sunday we went over to my parent's house for a little celebration of Alan and my dad's birthdays.
We grilled beer brats and I'll admit I was a little embarrassed to buy this at the store last week.
Fortunately Isaac decided to throw a really huge tantrum in the parking lot after the beer was safely stowed out of sight or otherwise I would have felt like people would really look at me strangely. 'My kid is so bad, so I'm just gonna go home and drink my 40!'
Jacob was extra snuggly, especially with Auntie Jen!
Isaac couldn't hold out until lunch. He fell fast asleep in Boppa's arms with his favorite Chuggington coloring book.
Pyramid-o-Brats
The birthday boys! They both celebrated big ones this year - 45 and 60.
That's a carrot cake between them - the picture got kinda washed out.
Happy birthday, Alan and Dad (<-------birthday today)!
No comments:
Post a Comment