Monday, January 30, 2012

Post Office

Jacob and Isaac love going to the Post Office! The one we go to is an old building with really high ceilings so it echos big time. They LOVE to make loud noises and hear the echo. I'm sure the other patrons and the employees just love it too. Ha! They also enjoy looking at all the stamps in the big display case. For a long time now there has been a Disney Pixar series so of course they love that Lightning McQueen and Buzz Lightyear are on stamps!

Anyway, that isn't really the reason for this post, but I want to remember in years to come how much Jacob and Isaac enjoy our trips to the Post Office.

The real reason for this post is that a few weeks ago I was wracking my brain trying to come up with some fun activities to get Jacob excited about writing. It just isn't his favorite thing to do because its hard for him. I came across an idea to make a mail box and have your child write you letters so I grabbed an old shoe box and made a quick mailbox out of it. Jacob LOVES this!! I wrote him a letter, put it in the box, put the flag up and had him get his mail. He immediately said he wanted to write me a letter so he drew me a picture and I helped him write my name and his name on it, just like a letter. Its a fun little way to communicate with the boys and surprise them with mail and so far it has been fun for Jacob to practice writing his name.

They also had a ton of fun decorating the mail box!