Before July is over, I figured I better get this posted.
We started out the Fourth of July like we have the past few years - at our church's pancake breakfast. The boys scarfed down a ton of food! I think they ate more than I did!!
Then we headed over to the park to watch the parade. The boys were pretty excited!
While we waited for it to start, we devoured this sweet mess - a Nutella, strawberry and banana stuffed crepe. No calories! None.
The parade was good, but the boys were a bit disappointed that Walking Taco (a guy from a local Mexican restaurant dressed as a taco) wasn't in the parade this year.
After lunch I slaved over this peach pie. The crust and I had a battle and it may have won. I did try to hide the fact that the crust was hideous by adding some stars.
Alan grilled us an absolutely delicious meal with lots of garden goodies. The boys were impatient for food so we gave them corn on the cob as an appetizer.
This was my meal - a portobello burger with roasted red peppers, garlic aoili, tomatoes, and a whole bunch of other stuff that honestly I cannot remember. I do remember, however, that it was phenomenal. The guys had grilled steak instead of the mushroom and they all scarfed it down, so it must have been good!
Then we ate that pie and while the crust was not pretty, it was pretty good.









1 comment:
I'm so behind on reading blogs...it's pathetic! Anyway, do you make your own aoili? And if so, could I get the recipe?!
Post a Comment