Here's some of what we've been up to lately.
Hanging out in Oak Glen
The boys just love going up there to the old schoolhouse playground. And I love it because it is cooler. We went earlier this week and it was actually chilly. LOVE!
Enjoying a favorite snack - ants on a log
They have more fun on this rock. They always come up with some fun imaginative game. I can't remember what it was this day, but when we went this week it was their Ninja house that they were cleaning up by dipping leaves in water.
Playing in the rain
We had some monster storms here a couple days and one day I let the boys play in it before the lightning started. They had SO much fun!
The pictures are all distorted because I stayed indoors. I tried to take the pictures with the sliding door open, but the wind was blowing the rain right at me!
Oh, and see the plastic on the car window? My window decided to go kerplunk that day and I couldn't roll it back up. Joy.
Enjoying fruit pops
My friend, Megan, gave me these cool popsicle holders and we have been filling them with all kinds of deliciousness. The boys love them because they are fun and I love them because they are gobbling up healthy stuff.
Starting TMOMs
Isaac had a ton of fun in his class! They made Noah hats and he wore his for a large part of the afternoon. That morning I told Isaac he would be in a different class, one for bigger kids. On the way to TMOMs, Isaac said, 'I hope the bigger kids like me.' Oh, precious boy.
Making yogurt
Megan also gave me a super awesome cookbook on making your own food - yogurt, cheese, granola, cereal bars, etc, etc. I decided to try my hand at yogurt. My first attempt was a flop, but the second batch turned out great.
Homemade yogurt with a drizzle of honey, fresh berries from the farmer's market and homemade granola. Breakfast of champions.
Starting preschoolYesterday Isaac started a home preschool with a couple friends, Josie and Livi.
We will meet once a week and Sarah, Cheryl and I are going to take turns teaching the letter of the week.
Sarah started us off with a fun lesson on apples. The kids did apple tasting, read books about apple pie and an apple tree, then made a fun apple tree craft. Some of those thumb prints are mine. Isaac was a little hesitant about doing the projects until I told him it was his 'work'. He loves to do his 'work'!
Then they practiced writing their As (with lots of help, at least for Isaac) and did a couple fun worksheets.
I am pretty excited about our little preschool!
Okay, look back at the pictures and notice Isaac's shirt. In 90% of them he is wearing that Spiderman shirt. He just loves it and wants to wear it every day! The first thing he asks me every morning is, 'Is my Spiderman shirt clean?'




















1 comment:
Cute, preschool is fun. :)
Post a Comment