Friday, October 12, 2012

My monthly post

Looks like lately I have been blogging just once a month. Not what I would like, but I guess that is just where I am right now.

Here are some random pics from the past month.

We went to ACA's back to school night or family night or whatever it was called. My dad had his race car on display and the boys had a blast playing in it and honking the horn.



This was taken after TMOMs one Friday morning. Isaac was so proud of his bird mask!


Isaac really wanted a Superman cape and I had a long skinny piece of shiny red material so I cut it in half, sewed it together and sewed on some ties. Viola! He was SO happy!!

Now that he has a cape he says he is the 'real Superman'.

 I got crafty one afternoon and made this wreath for the house. Isaac really wanted me to get the sunflowers. They weren't my first choice, but he was so cute saying how pretty they were and that they were just like the ones in our garden. How could I resist?

We've all been sick with colds, but Isaac got hit the hardest - a fever that just keeps coming back and big coughs. Even Super man gets sick sometimes!

And here we are at urgent care (different day, same outfit - he loves it). Isaac was complaining of a sore throat and I wanted to rule out strep throat. He tested negative and we decided it was from all his coughing.

An apple cider donut cake that didn't turn out as pretty as I had hoped. Fortunately it was just for friends.

Jacob is loving the 'Magic Treehouse' books. He gets quite excited each night to read the next chapter. This week we are reading the one about mummies so we made mummy cookies.

Jacob got his school pictures back this week and I was relieved to see that it turned out fine. On picture day we asked him how he smiled and what he showed us was pretty scary! I think he looks so old in this picture. *tear*


1 comment:

DeJongs said...

Love the update....and would love some of that Apple Cider Donutcake, yuuummy!