Sunday, August 25, 2013

First days of school

Last week school started back up! The boys were so excited!

This was taken at the 'meet your teacher' day. Jacob has Mrs. Brandenberg and Isaac has Mrs. Meinders, both very sweet teachers. Can't wait to see what this year will bring. 

This is where Jacob sits at his table. Assigned seats - different than JrK!


Jacob got a new Lego backpack
 All ready for his first day!

 Jacob told me that this year he isn't going to stand next to me before school starts. He is going to play on the playground with his friends. Last year, Isaac would go play with the big kids and Jacob would stick to me like glue. Just as he said, that first day he ran off to the playground! He got a little freaked out when he couldn't figure out where to line up, but then on the third day of school after the bell rang I lost track of him and I freaked a little. Then I spotted him already in line trotting into his classroom. He didn't even say 'good-bye'. This is a pretty big deal for our shy guy! When I asked him about it later, he said, 'Well, I KNOW where to go, Mom!' Oh, my boy is growing up and getting more and more confident.

On Wednesday, Isaac had his first day of 3 day JrK. He was one super excited kid!

Where's my little baby? He looks so grown up!

Isaac picked out a Lego Ninjago backpack.
 It was a little sunny.

The boys both had a great first week! On the car rides home they would both talk and talk and talk about everything they did and learned and their new friends.

Now that I have 3 free mornings a week, many have asked what I have planned. I have a couple ventures that I am excited about!


In the past year or so, I've expanded my crocheting from just baby blankets to scarves, baskets, hats, and a few other things. I even had a few friends ask me to make things that they could buy. I decided that maybe I could start a little business with it, so I'm phasing out of giving blankets to all the babies born in my church and focusing instead on making things to sell. I've got quite a few things made and hope to have a boutique in October where people can come see and hopefully buy/order my things.

This was taken on Wednesday, my first morning alone. I got the car washed, ran a couple errands, did a few chores, then still had time to work on a scarf. 

I started using Jordan Essentials products about 6 months ago and love them so much I decided to become a consultant, mostly just to get the discount, but am also hoping to make it into a money-making venture as well. I have my premier spa party in a couple weeks and am quite excited about it!

Lots of new, exciting things going on for us!

No comments: