Friday, August 16, 2013

Yosemite

 Our family hasn't vacationed together probably since we kids were in high school so it was high time we had a family vacay! My parents booked an awesome cabin in Yosemite and we had a wonderful, fun-filled 4 days!

Rode trip!

My parents, Jeff and Mike arrived early afternoon and we got in about 4:30. I started in making some dinner. We brought lots of garden goodies so I made an eggplant pasta, garlic bread and garden salad. 

After dinner we tried our hands at some fishing. Not much success on the fish part, but we did have fun!




The next morning we headed to the valley. First stop was Bridal Veil Falls, then Lower Yosemite Falls.



'Dangerous to climb beyond this point' Whatever.

I may be disowned for posting this picture, but it is too hilarious not to! She's fine, really she is. She's laughing hysterically.

This is what we were going for.

Jeff is getting a closer look at Half Dome.

That's Half Dome in the background. These guys were gearing up for conquering the mighty mountain the next day.

This is what Alan would look like completely bald.

Tee Pee!

The whole fam in front of the cabin.

That evening we celebrated my birthday. Jeff grilled some delicious salmon and then we enjoyed the cake I made - a coconut lime bundt.

Story time with the uncles


The next morning the big boys headed out bright an early for their big hike. 
My mom and I took the little boys to the valley to play.
We went to swinging bridge and what started out as some innocent rock throwing in the river.....


and playing in the sand.....


 ended in getting a little wet.....

and then a LOT wet!
The boys had SO much fun getting wet in their clothes. I think half the fun was just doing something they don't normally get to.

We went on a little hike and saw some deer up very close. They didn't even give us a glance!

Then we visited the nature preserve


 And here are the pictures of the big boy adventure! The pictures aren't in order because I have pics from a couple different cameras.






My dad and his new BFF, the marmot. I guess they are very brave when it comes to people food.

Climbing down the cables.





This must have been on the way up. Mike looks scared!




 That's Alan way out on that ledge! I'll admit, I was a little on edge all day, but it did help that Alan had good cell service and could send me little updates all day. It also helped that I didn't see any pictures like this before they went!




That's what they climbed up. Yikes!


 I was sure glad to see their car pull in that evening!

The next morning we went to Glacier Point.
Isaac with Half Dome in the background.


This kid LOVED climbing on the rocks (and making us all nervous)!


After a little quiet time (for everyone) we went to the swimming hole.





My brothers, bless their hearts, swam Jacob and Isaac back and forth to this rock. No easy feat when you've got little arms wrapped tightly around your throat!


 Oh, the life! To sit on a rock in the river with a beautiful view!


That evening, our last in Yosemite, we BBQ'd and had s'mores. 


Whenever there was any downtime at the cabin, this is what Isaac liked to do - play with sticks in the dirt.

And this is what Jacob liked to do - read the guestbook. He carried that thing all over!

So, before we left that last morning, Jacob and Isaac drew pictures and wrote about what they saw while vacationing in Yosemite. 

Isaac - Ninja Waterfall
Jacob - 'I saw a waterfall' 

Thank you, Dad and Mom for planning such a fun vacation! Lots of wonderful memories!

No comments: