Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Danger Baby

Jacob is quite the climber! The other day I was laying on my stomach next to the coffee table playing with him, when he decided to climb on my back and use me as a step so he can get on top of the coffee table. Last week he tried to climb on top of his activity table. He had both feet off the floor!
Here is a pic of him crawling up the couch so he can look out the window (don't worry, Alan was sitting right there - I just cropped his hands out of the picture).


I call him Danger Baby.

Yesterday I gave Jacob one of those biter biscuits for his snack. Here is the messy result. I especially enjoyed getting the nasty goo from between his chubby little fingers.
Homer got the first one I gave him. Jacob dropped it on his lap and Homer swooped in. Naughty, naughty!


This morning Jacob and I got run off the sidewalk by a runner! The sidewalk was wide, wide enough for 2 people to pass easily without either having to go on the grass. This lady comes running toward us up the middle of the sidewalk. You would think that as she got closer she would move to the other side. No. I could see she wasn't going to budge so I moved off into the grass a bit. Then when she was almost to us, she swerves toward us! I quickly veered off farther into the grass to avoid a collision. I said something like, 'Geez, lady', but she didn't hear me. Guess she was in The Zone or something. She was running awfully hard, but man, you need to be a little more aware of your surroundings. Like when you are about to run up the wheel of a jogging stroller! Anyway, that was our excitement for the day.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, quite the climber you have there! Those biter biscuits are so messy, we give them to Ethan sometimes when we want him to be occupied so we can eat dinner. He usually goes right into the bath shortly after!

Steven, Sara, Zachary and Andrew said...

Your little climber looks a lot like ours does! Anytime I lean up against the couch he uses me as a step stool. And those biter biscuits are definately a mess! We always made sure he had his biggest and widest bib on with those!