This evening right before bedtime, Isaac fell and hit his head on the baseboard. Our baseboards have this nasty squared-off corner ledge and he hit his forehead right on it. As soon as I saw him go down and come up crying, I knew exactly what happened. As soon as I saw the cut and blood flowing I ran to the back door to tell Alan to come in right away because I thought Isaac needed stitches. We called my dad to come over and stay with Jacob (my mom was at a baby shower) and he came right over. Alan was supposed to go to a deacon meeting, but I asked if he would mind skipping and go to urgent care with me. I didn't want to try to console Isaac alone, especially if he needed stitches. At urgent care they took us right back. I guess bleeding babies get priority! He ended up not needing stitches. Thankfully they could just glue it shut. Isaac was such a good boy! He hardly cried at all, just wanted to play! He didn't even want to snuggle with me. I was so proud of my little trooper. He did better than I did! When they were wiping on his head and he was wriggling and crying, I got a little woozy and had to sit down. Wuss!
One of the nurses recognized Alan from his visit there last week. I told her we would try not to be there next week!
We were home in just over an hour, so pretty good for an urgent care trip. Here's my poor little guy with his eyebrow gash.
4 comments:
I felt the same when Aubree cut her eyebrow open thank goodness for glue! Luckily it helps just be careful it may scar :( Aubree's did and I am now using mederma for kids
So sad! That looks pretty bad.
Yeah, I would've freaked out. I'm not looking forward to the first big injury. We may call you to come handle it when the time comes. Glad to hear he's ok.
Ouch! I'm glad he didn't need stitches!!
Post a Comment