We were all filled with nervous, excited energy as we waited for our races to start. It is so fun doing a race with a bunch of friends!
Here is the picture of all of us who did the 5K training camp. Like our bright orange shirts? They were a bit obnoxious, but it was really easy to spot a Baby Boot Camp runner!

I did okay. I shaved 1:30 from the time I had when I ran the race two years ago, so I showed some improvement. I guess I was hoping for a little bit more improvement, but its better than doing worse, right? I probably would have if I hadn't run with a friend from the group. We kept each other going and were able to run the whole race, no stopping to walk. That was another goal I had, so I guess I accomplished both of them.
My dad, mom and brother Jeff all ran too and I wanted to get a picture of all of us after the race, but the camera was left on the counter (which was actually better than where we thought it was - lost in the street!). So, the only picture we got of me after the race was at home, by my lonesome.
Next year we'll get Alan and Mike to run too and then we'll for sure get a picture!
I am going to miss meeting with my friends to run every Wednesday evening, but I found out that a handful of girls are meeting every Tuesday and Friday morning to run, so now that Alan is done with school (almost) and can stay with the boys, I am hoping to join them.
1 comment:
Way to go!! :o)
Post a Comment