Who falls asleep at the circus??? Jacob. You would think it would be difficult to sleep at a circus with all the loud music, but I guess when you didn't get a nap and you played hard the whole day, its hard to keep your eyes open.
Yesterday afternoon we went to see the circus that our local YMCA puts on every year. I love it! I am just amazed at what kids are capable of doing! I do have to say that this year as I was watching I was thinking as a parent and wondering how nervous I would be if it were my kid high, high up doing all kinds of contortions on a rope. It is really awesome though. This was the first year that we brought the boys. Isaac was interested, but only when there was lots going on. When people were just doing their thing on ropes, ribbons or swings, he got pretty restless. When there were people running all around, jumping on trampolines and there were lots of lights and loud music, he thought it was pretty neat. Jacob loved pretty much all of it, altough I think he liked clapping for the performers best of all. He just clapped and clapped and clapped with such gusto and a huge smile on his face. It was so cute!
Even though Jacob was really enjoying himself, he just couldn't quite hang through the whole performance. He had Sunday school in the morning, then we had a small group potluck lunch at our house and Jacob played hard with all the kids. He didn't get a nap so right before intermission at the circus, he just crashed in Alan's arms. So sweet! Since Isaac was restless and Jacob was zonked, we just left.
Last night at dinner we were talking about the circus and what we saw. I asked Jacob what his favorite part was and he said the trampolines. It took a while to figure out what he was saying. That's a big word! So I said, 'Oh, you liked the trampolines best?' and he replied, 'Yes. I would like to try that someday sometime.' Cuteness!
I have lots more to blog about and lots of pictures to share, but our computer is having issues and I only have access to Alan's laptop. Hopefully we'll be back up and running so I can get some blogging done!
No comments:
Post a Comment