He was 23 lbs, 14 oz (between 10th and 25th percentiles) and 32 1/2 inches (between 25th and 50th percentiles). I think the percentiles are right around where he was at 15 months.
One of Isaac's favorite things to do lately is to put little toys in boxes or bags or plastic containers. The other day he lugged around a paper grocery bag full of toys and would get very upset if Jacob came near his bag-o-treasures.
This is his container full of 'dahmoes' (dominoes).

One of his favorite places to sit

Isaac is very verbal and speaking in 3+ word sentences. Its amazing what he comes up with sometimes, although I know that much of it comes from Jacob. I hear Isaac saying things that Jacob says all the time. One of my favorite phrases that is all his own is, 'No. I dunt (don't).' I'll ask, 'Isaac, do you need a diaper change?' 'No. I dunt.' The way he says 'don't' is just so cute! I'll have to try to get it on video.
He just loves his big brother! He can't wait for Jacob to wake up in the morning and the instant he hears Jacob stirring he says, 'Jacob! I go get it!' (we're still working on pronouns). So he crawls as fast as he can up the stairs, runs down the hall and tries to open Jacob's door. We bust in and he yells, 'Morning, Jacob!' Oh, I just love it!
Isaac is a cuddler! He is really into lullabies before going to bed so I sing him song after song and he just snuggles in my lap with his blankets, doggy and monkey. Most of the songs are not lullabies, however. We sing, 'Wheels on the bus', the Veggie Tales theme song, the Thomas & Friends theme song, 'Old MacDonald', etc. etc. You can make any song soothing, if you do it in the right tone! Sometimes his song choices just crack me up. He asks me to sing songs that aren't even songs. He'll just want me to sing about something and I'll make it up. He doesn't care. His most requested subject is 'Pickle' and 'Junior'. If you watch Veggie Tales, you probably know what I am talking about. 'Pickle' is from 'Dave and the Giant Pickle (Goliath) and Junior is one of the main characters in Veggie Tales. So, I sing Pickle and Junior to the tune of 'Twinkle, Twinkle'. 'Pickle, pickle, pickle, pickle. Junior, junior, junior, junior.' I can assure you, its lovely.
Posing in his raincoat
No comments:
Post a Comment