Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mysteries

We had a couple mysteries this week and I have a feeling we will never know the answers.

Early in the week I noticed that Jacob had a greyish silver line on each of his lower front teeth. We tried brushing them off, rubbing them off and scraping them off with our fingernails, but nothing made them budge. We were perplexed. He had spent the day with my mom and she couldn't think of anything that he played with that would do that and we couldn't think of anything here either. By the middle of the next day, they weren't any lighter so I decided to call the dentist. They suggested we come in and let the dentist look at it. I figured it was something he chewed on that left marks, but I wanted to be sure. Fortunately, all it took was for them to use the whirring toothbrush with that scrubby toothpaste to get it off. And Jacob did fantastic, even staying in the chair and letting them put the seat back instead of sitting in my lap like he did for his cleaning in August. I was so proud of him!

The other mystery came that evening when Alan found Jacob with 3 AAA batteries. We have no idea where they came from! We don't use batteries that size often and the brand was some wacky brand I never heard of. We asked Jacob where he got them and he said he got them from the big box.
'What big box?'
'The one before we went bye-bye.'
'Okay......Can you show me the box?'
So we go into the kitchen and he looks around, but never comes up with anything. He also mentioned something about the dentist, but I know there were no batteries in their prize box! And even if there were, I think I would have noticed him pocketing 3 batteries. After much questioning (we wanted to find out where he got them so we could be sure there weren't any more), we found out nothing.

This next story isn't exactly a mystery because I can guess what happened, although I don't know exactly how it happened or who did it. Yesterday I could hear Jacob talking in the playroom about a spider. He is very into pretend lately, so I didn't think much of it, but then got a little concerned because I have found a few black widows in the house over the past month or so. So, I go in there and ask him to show me the spider. He brings me over to the French doors and points to cracks in one of the panes (looks like a spider). Lovely. I can assume that one of the boys took a toy and pounded the window. Not sure when. Not sure who and I know we'll never know.

1 comment:

iammygirlsmom said...

Great mysteries! Those kids keep us on our toes!! :)