Thursday, October 14, 2010

Afternoon in Oak Glen

Monday and Tuesday was Fall break for Alan so on Monday afternoon we headed up to Oak Glen. I thought, 'Oh, wouldn't a hike be fun?' It wasn't horrible, but it was a little too much to ask of Isaac. If we let him walk alone, he got very distracted by acorns, leaves, dirt, etc. Most of the hike he just wanted me to carry him. While it was a bit cooler up there, carrying a toddler uphill made for a bit of a workout and I was pretty sweaty by the end.

Inspecting acorns


View on our hike. You can't see it very well in this picture, but we could see a big pumpkin patch in the distance.

All my boys holding hands

Love this!

After our hike, we tried some samples of apples and decided on some pippins (they didn't have my fave - honeycrisps). We also tasted some pumpkin butter, which Jacob loved! I think he dipped 3 sticks in the sample jar. He would have done lots of double-dipping if I hadn't been watching him closely. He was sad that he couldn't just keep tasting and tasting so I bought some for him. The next day I made pancake sandwiches and spread some cream cheese and pumpkin butter on them. YUM!

I love these rustic chairs

Jacob in November 2008 - isn't he just precious?

I wanted a cute picture of both boys sitting in the chair, but they wouldn't cooperate.

No cooperation on the hay bale either.

Look at that vein popping out on Isaac's neck! He was MAD!!

He just wanted to play in the 'punkeen pats' (pumpkin patch)

1 comment:

Sarah Schenkel said...

Cute! What a sweet picture of your boys hiking and of them on the chair. And I just may have to get some pumpkin butter--yummmm!