Monday, April 11, 2011

10k

Yesterday I ran my first 10K and while I was terribly slow by most people's standards, I was pleased. I ran it in 1:09 which averaged to a little over 11 minute miles. I may have been slow, but I was consistent. I kept track of my pace throughout the race and I stayed pretty much right at 11 minute miles. I even had a bit of energy at the end to speed up toward the finish line.

And here is the picture you've all been waiting for!


I felt a bit like the Great Pumpkin in my black shorts and orange shirt. All of the people who were in the Baby Boot Camp 5k training course wore these orange shirts so at least I wasn't alone.

SO, who is going to run it with me next year???

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I want to! Although I've never even run a 5k... maybe I should start there :)

Way to go... I think keeping that pace for the whole time is great! Feel proud :)

Ceci said...

Feel proud of you my friend!! :) I want to run too. :)