Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

We had such a nice Easter! We went to church in the morning and then spent the day at my parents' where we enjoyed a delicious ham dinner and had lots of fun playing outdoors.

A quick pic before we ate. A miracle that both boys are looking at the camera!


After Isaac's nap we celebrated my mom's birthday with some carrot cake. Then we headed outdoors for the Easter egg hunt.

Found one!


Isaac would not put that truck down which made holding a basket and picking up eggs a bit difficult.

He figured out that if he put the basket down when he found an egg he could then put the egg in the basket and still hold his truck. Pretty slow going, though!

Boys! You missed one!!




Look at all those eggs! I think Jacob found most of them.

Candy, yum!

Not sure what he was telling me or even what he is holding. I just love the look on his face!


Have I told you about the sand track? My mom bought some shallow storage tubs and filled them with sand to use as sand boxes, but somehow the sand all ended up on the patio and then was made into a huge sand track. The boys LOVE it!!



The following pictures highlight the wonderful talent of the men in my family. Prepare to be amazed!!

Mike tries the hula hoop.


Hmmmmm.....maybe I'll try this instead.


Isaac couldn't do the hula hoop either.


Dad shows us his moves.


Look at those neck muscles! I'll bet Jeff's neck hurt the next day.


Now that's talent!

Alan the juggle master!


Amazing, huh?

The boys wanted to go in the tree so badly, but when they actually got up there, they decided it wasn't as fun as they thought it would be.
Sad faces!


That's better! Isn't he darling?


I wanted to see if I could get a nice picture of the boys and me, but once I mentioned it, Isaac took off and hid.

I tried to bribe him with fun toys that he could hold in the picture.

Trying to choose between lawn darts and the watering can.

He settled on the watering can.
Aren't these lovely?

Jacob is smiling the wrong way and Isaac looks irritated. Oh well. It was fun trying and at least I was in some pictures even if they weren't perfect.

1 comment:

Sarah Schenkel said...

Isn't that always the way--it looks like fun (the tree), but when you get up there, it's scary. Love those pictures. And your pictures with your boys look about as successful as mine with the girls! :)

(My word verification is "rednerb." I just find that silly.)