Monday, May 16, 2011

Babies

Meet Henry William born on April 20 to my friend Megan. I went out on Saturday to meet him and he is absolutely adorable! Look at that hair!!



Meet Annie and Clarabel, my new baby chicks! Annie is on the left and Clarabel on the right.


They are Rhode Island Reds and super cute. They are named after Thomas the Train's coaches (of course!). This week we plan on getting more babies - Easter Egg chicks (they lay either green or blue colored eggs).

Alan took the boys to get the chicks on Saturday while I was visiting Megan and Henry. When I got home they were so excited to tell me that they got two baby chicks! Today we went out to pet them. Isaac isn't timid at all about touching them. Jacob is a bit hesitant, but is getting more and more brave.


I love the look on Jacob's face in this picture!

Getting a chickie kiss



Then they wanted to visit the big chickens so we brought them out to their pen.



And here is my sick baby. I guess he isn't technically a baby, but he's my baby.

He goes from acting fine to being tired and feverish. Before lunch he told me he wanted to go night-night upstairs in his bed and he slept for almost 4 hours. When he woke up he was hungry and when I asked him what he would like to eat he said 'pancakes and eggs', his comfort food. He wasn't interested in eating dinner and was laying his head down on the bench, gazing out the window, looking oh so sad so I asked if he would like to lay down on his couch. He fell fast asleep. Hopefully he wakes up to eat a little something before bed. Maybe if I tell him he can have more pancakes!

Here is Isaac's baby - Mr. Potato Head. He told me that Mr. Potato Head had a fever and needed to lay down and rest so we made him a little bed. How precious is that?

No comments: