Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Day

We started off our Fourth of July celebration by putting the flag out. The boys were so excited to help! They are very into American flags right now and point them out to us whenever they see one.
'An American flag! It has stars and stripes!'



Then we headed to church for a pancake breakfast. The boys seriously chowed down! They both ate as much as I did. We came home and Alan did a quick mow of the lawn and then we went to the park to see the Fourth of July Parade. It loops around a lot so we actually saw parts of it twice.

The first viewing


Then we wandered around and looked at what was going on in the park. It was already getting pretty hot so we didn't stay long. People were melting down (I won't name names.)

Second viewing of the parade as we were leaving the park.



The boys enjoyed much of the parade - the band, the huge bus, the firetruck, putting a dollar in the bucket to raise funds for a new firetruck, getting a sticker and candy, but by far the most favorite was this guy.
They called him 'The Walking Taco"


It really was very funny.
'Let's follow the walking taco!'
'Walking Taco! Walking Taco! We are following you, Walking Taco!'
They talked about and asked a million questions about the walking taco.


After lunch and naps we had the privilidge of watching sweet Baby Katelyn. The boys were so excited that she was coming!


They were so sweet to her and kept giving her more and more toys to play with. I think Jacob said, 'I love you, Baby Katelyn' about 100 times.


Isaac 'being gentle'


After the kids went to bed, Alan and I attempted to watch the fireworks from our patio, but we didn't see much. Oh well. It was a nice night and the neighbors were entertaining.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Thank you so much for watching her! I'm glad the boys enjoyed it. :)

Mark Leonard said...

Hey! What's with your son running around in his underwear in front of my daughter?!!

iammygirlsmom said...

"Walking Taco!" made me laugh, Patty! Your boys are SO cute - you must have so much fun with them!