They had a place where you could make a walking stick for free. When we heard about that we just knew that was right up Jacob's alley. He is always walking around the backyard using his plastic rake as a hiking stick.
You picked out the stick you liked and then this nice man would cut it down to the right size (shoulder height) and give you tips on how to fix it up to make it pretty.
Lots of sanding
I made everyone pose with their stick
I think Alan had the coolest. See that neat curve in it?
Then we went ziplining!
Sam got about half way up the telephone pole and started having second thoughts. Then I started having second thoughts. I decided I better do it, though. And Sam pushed through and did it too. I was so proud of him!
There he goes!
And Lila!
And me climbing up with shaky, shaky legs.
Wheeeeeeeee! It was really, really fun! Isaac wanted me to hoot like an owl as I went down. Unfortunately there are no pictues of me flapping my arms like a bird. Pity.
Wave to the people
This picture is really dark, but I wanted to show what the boys did while we ziplined. They played in the dirt and got really dirty!
Then we tried out our new walking sticks on a short little hike.
The guys are all ready!
Jacob and Sam
While we waited for the slowpoke guys, Lila showed off her awesome walking stick
Isaac was the slowpoke. He had to finish his snack before he could start serious hiking.
Jacob loves to hike and was a great leader
This was Isaac at the end. Not too happy. He is not a lover of hikes. I hope he grows out of that because I really like hiking!
We went back home to the new house as the boys referred to it to have some lunch. Randall, Lila and Sam headed back to Snow Mountain Ranch soon after to do some swimming, mini-golf, archery and rock wall climbing. We hung out at the condo for a bit and had naps/quiet time.
After everyone was refreshed we went back to the Ranch and rode some tricycles, mini-golfed and painted bird houses at the craft building. I didn't get any pictures of the golfing because it was totally chaotic with balls flying and clubs swinging. I didn't get a picture of the birhouses either and I can't take one now because I dropped them and they are in pieces. Oooooops!
But, here are a couple pictures of the boys on the ultra cool tricycles.
Look at the dark sky in the background. Most afternoons brought wind and rain. Loved it!!
We went back to Snow Mountain Ranch on Thursday, but I'll post about Jacob's birthday first since this post is getting long.
No comments:
Post a Comment