Sunday, September 11, 2011

Endure the Bear

Yesterday morning Daniella and I headed to Big Bear to run a 5k trail race. We had such a fun time! We rarely get to talk uninterrupted so it was nice to chat all morning long without being interrupted by little munchkins.

The race was tough, but much easier than the trail run I did in Colorado. This time I didn't feel like my lungs were going to explode! The elevation in Big Bear isn't too much lower than CO so I think it was just the course.

Anyway, I think we did great! We checked the board for results right after we finished and saw that Daniella had won first in her division so we decided to stick around for awards. We grabbed some lunch and then did a little shopping.

Here is Daniella standing on her first place pedestal with her medal (she's the one in blue). Way to go, D!! You rocked it!


We were getting packed up to go when they started calling out the winners for my age group. 'Third place, Patty DeWeerd'. Daniella and I looked at each other like, 'WHAT?!?' When we looked at the board earlier, I was listed as coming in 4th for my division, but I guess they had put someone in the wrong group or something, so I ended up coming in third.

So, here I am with my medal on the pedestal.


Oh, what a dork! Guess blue was the winner color, huh?


Now I need to get down to business and get ready for my half marathon coming up at the end of October. Totally not ready for that yet!