Jacob had his first day of Jr.K on Wednesday. When I dropped him off, I asked if he would like me to stay a bit. 'No, go.'
He was so excited to play in the huge sandbox with all the cool trucks!
Isaac, on the other hand, was so sad. He said, 'I don't want to go home. I don't want to go away from Jacob.' The first couple minutes of our ride home he just kept repeating, 'Jacob. Jacob. Jacob.' And then when we got home, he just sat in my lap and cuddled. He's not used to being away from big brother. But then he decided he wanted to play Mr. Potato Head and he was fine after that. I got tons done while he played and played.
My mom will be bringing Jacob home every afternoon (well, the 3 days a week he goes to school) since she gets out of work 15 minutes before his class lets out. Yay for that! Jacob's teacher told her that his first day was a little rough. He had to go in 2 time-outs. Ooops!
All day Wednesday I kept getting little snippets about his day.
* He met a friend named Dominic
* Mrs. Kidd read them a book about salsa
* They said the pledge to TWO flags
* Mrs. Kidd painted his hand white and 'the other girl' (the aide) painted his other hand black
* They sang a song about trying to obey - I had to laugh when I heard that one. Ironic after his two time-outs, huh?
Jacob was much more anxious this morning when I dropped him off. He said, 'Today I am going to ask you to stay for a little bit.' He didn't want to get in line when the bell rang and told me to, 'Come with. Come with.' When I told him it was his turn to go into the classroom, he ran right in, but I think it was more like he was thinking he needed to just get it over with. He was trying so hard to be brave! Ah, growing up.
Much better report after school today, though. No time-outs! YAY!!
Highlights from today:
* They got to go to the library and he read a book about Cat in the Hat, animals and Berenstein Bears where Sister Bear cried
* They did a worksheet about circles
* They sang a song about obeying
* They didn't play play-do
* He got a red heart sticker
* He got a lizard toy for playing 'Criss-cross Applesauce'. I think it was for crossing his legs when they sit on the carpet.
Can't wait to hear the stories he comes home with next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment