Friday, November 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Tree

It was the afternoon of November 1 and I saw someone post something about their Thanksgiving tree on Facebook. I was like 'Oh yeeeeaaah. Forgot about that.'
I did NOT save my tree from last year.
Yikes!!


So I had to come up with a new idea. After the boys went to bed that evening, I grabbed some paper grocery sacks and started taping them together. Then I drew a tree on it, but my first attempt it was hideous. I won't lie, I had to Google pictures of sketched trees. How pathetic is that? What did I ever do before Google? Guess I would have had a hideous Thanksgiving tree.



Isaac noticed it right away when he got up the next morning and he was SO excited that there was a tree in the kitchen, but wondered where the leaves were. Can't get anything past that kid!

So for the past few mornings we have been writing what we are thankful for on construction paper leaves and taping them to the tree. I am trying to get them to name meaningful things, but have been getting answers like Cars (the movie), race cars that talk and robots from Isaac. Jacob has said trains (Isaac's suggestion for him), school books and crayons. Love it!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I just made ours too, such a great idea :) I love how excited they get about things like that, and their cute little answers!