The evening before Thanksgiving, Alan had the brilliant idea to have our meal buffet style so the table isn't so crammed with food. We have a nice big island and it worked perfectly! Also, because the table now had lots of room, I could decorate it. For throwing this centerpiece together Thanksgiving morning, I think I did a pretty good job. I used all stuff from our yard. The only thing that didn't, was the pumpkin. That was a leftover from the pumpkin patch.
Yes, I realize the napkins and the table cloth don't really match. I am in desperate need of new table linens!


Jacob made this super cool turkey hat at school. Gobble. Gobble!

Jeff always nabs a drumstick and Jacob was just so enthralled with it. He kept wanting to take a 'big bite of the bone'.

The whole fam! See? Jacob was so into that drumstick, he couldn't be bothered to look at the camera!
The boys had soooooo much fun playing with their uncles and reading all those Black Friday ads! They were totally worn out at the end of the day.
I didn't do the whole Black Friday shopping thing, but Alan and I did go to Home Depot and buy this.

We haven't had a big Christmas tree for a few years and I really wanted one this year so we got a nice artificial one. Love it! No needles to clean up and it's pre-lit so no light strands to fight.
I am so excited about Christmas this year! For Advent we are doing Truth in the Tinsel and I hope the boys enjoy it and get a lot out of it. I am excited to make all those ornaments with them and fill up that tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment