Monday, April 30, 2012

Run Through Redlands

Earlier this year I was super pumped to train for the Run Through Redlands half marathon. I was ready to conquer this thing! I started training in January and was up to running 8.5 miles of the hilly course and feeling pretty good about the whole thing. Then I got the stomach flu and couldn't get back into the swing of things for a while. Every time I ran I just felt awful. I kept going back and forth as to whether I would be able to do the half. Then I got a really bad cold. Boo! That pretty much closed the case and I realized I wouldn't have enough time to train for the half, so then I got pumped about training hard for the 10K and beating my time from last year. But then I got sick again. I just never got the chance to really do much running so I signed up for the 10K with very low expectations. Good thing I didn't expect much because I did it 2 minutes slower than last year. Oh well. There's always next year!

These are my boot camp friends who all (except me, of course) ran the half marathon. Siw is next to me and she ran it pushing her two girls in the stroller. Amazing!


And these two lovely ladies, Katy and Sara, ran the half pregnant. So, so proud of them!
                                        

 I am also super proud of Alan who ran the 5k at an 8:40/min pace while pushing the boys in the stroller!! He would have run it even faster if he hadn't had to weave through all the walkers in the beginning of the race. I saw him flying down the hill and around the corner where the 5k and 10k races met up and I knew there was NO WAY I would ever catch up to him!!

 Way to go, runners! Everyone did an excellent job!

No comments: