6 days until Christmas and I am just now getting around to blogging about Thanksgiving. Yikes!
I failed as a photographer on Thanksgiving. I took one picture and it didn't even have people in it. Fail!
So, here is the picture and it isn't even a good one. Alan had a cream whipper and was showing Jeff how to use it. Something went wrong and the tip of his pumpkin pie got blasted off. It was a little dramatic.
We did have a wonderful Thanksgiving, in spite of blasted pie. Alan sous vide some turkey legs and then Jeff deep fried them. I didn't eat any, but hear it was fantastic. It was a beautiful day and we spent some time playing corn hole before dessert.
Thanksgiving weekend is always the Apple Butter Festival up at Riley's Farm in Oak Glen so we headed up to check it out. We went on a hike and ate our lunch up at the duck pond.
Jacob and Isaac have their maps all ready to lead us where we need to go!
Looking at the ducks at the lower pond.
This is where we ate our lunch....and threw sticks into the water.
Then we went back to the festival where Isaac showed everyone his awesome dance moves.
Alan made some popcorn ice cream. It was ice cream flavored with caramelized white chocolate so it tasted like kettle corn. Then Alan used liquid nitrogen and a cream whipper to make it look like popcorn. It was too good!
These are the thankful turkeys that we made this year. Each night the boys told me what they are thankful for and I wrote it on a feather.
Jacob is thankful for:
Isaac, my mom, my dad, Boppa, Oma and Homer, books, baseball and soccer
Isaac is thankful for:
Mommy, Daddy, Jacob, Boppa, Oma and Homer, super heroes, Jesus













No comments:
Post a Comment