Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Catch up - Favorites

Hi. My name is Patty and I am a terrible blogger.

Whew. Now that is out of the way, I can catch up on the past TWO months!
Now, where to even start??

I guess I'll start with some pictures showing what some of our favorites are right now.
If you have been around Isaac at all, you'll already know what his favorite is - dressing up in costume every single day, mostly as super heroes!

This was his Halloween costume - Bumble Bee Boy (from a book). He requested and I improvised a costume. He loved it and still wears it often. Good thing because I worked hard on it!


Here he is Despereaux from the Tale of Despereaux. We got lots of smiles from people as Isaac walked through stores sporting this getup!

I got to pull Thor around the neighborhood one afternoon!

 I taught 'I' for insect in our preschool and I knew making insect masks would be right up Isaac's alley.

Thor on stage!

Look! A robot on the streets of Redlands!! 

 Ironman - notice the things tied to his legs? Those are his boot jets. The kid knows what he wants when it comes to his costumes. I really have to use my creativity to deliver.

He made an angel halo in his Sunday school class and he LOVED it! It fell apart later that day so he asked us to make a new halo. He now wears a yellow piece of construction paper around his head as a halo. Precious!

And Jacob's absolute favorite thing is the whole wide world is books! He carries them everywhere he goes. He brings his books, my books, cookbooks, library books, stacks of books. 

Here he is 'reviewing' one of his Magic Tree House books at the park. 
He brought 2 to look at that day and he finished them before Isaac was done playing so he said, 'Next time I'll have to bring 4.' He would much rather sit and read a book than play around. Sounds an awful lot like his bookworm mommy when I was a kid!




Lugging one of my big ole books

And another one of my books on a walk

He has even ventured into writing. This is his first book called 'Mountain' about a guy named Hat.

It's kinda hard to read, but it says, 'I got the candle.' and "I want to go to the building.' It was a huge accomplishment for Jacob. He had never really been interested in drawing pictures, but he drew 20 pages of pictures and dictated 5 chapters to me. He is currently planning his next book about Hat called Jungle Christmas. Can't wait!

He was so proud of his book, but wasn't all that interested in posing for a picture with it. He was too busy playing shirtless - in December!


Can you guess what is on the top of the boys' Christmas lists?
Super heroes and books!

No comments: