Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A race and a birthday

Last weekend was the Run Through Redlands. I ran the 10k, solo and Alan ran the 5k pushing the boys in the stroller. 

A before the race photo with all my boot camp friends. Three of us ran the 10k and the rest ran the half marathon. So, so proud of these girls! 

Alan and the boys coming across the finish line. Very proud of Alan, too, who is not a runner but came in 10th place in his age group - pushing a stroller!! 

I was hoping to do a little better, but can't complain since I beat my best RTR 10k race time by 3:30 minutes. 

That afternoon we celebrated my mom's birthday. 
This was the cake I made - chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, topped with peanut butter cups. Good thing I ran 6 miles earlier that day!!

I took my mom out to lunch on Sunday and then we saw Anne of Green Gables at Lifehouse Theater. Such a fun afternoon! My mom and I don't often get to just hang by ourselves. We always have little interruptors running around. We even got in a little shopping and my mom convinced me that I needed this dress. I've been eyeing it at Kith for a while and just needed the tiniest nudge. 

 The boys were not happy about the fact that they didn't have anything to do with Oma's gift so I suggested we get her some flowers and make her cards. Isaac right away said we should go to Trader Joes' because, 'Mama, they have LOTS of flowers!'
They picked out this gorgeous hydrangea and made books for her. So fun to see their giving spirits!



No comments: