Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mother's Day

Jacob's class had a sweet Mother's Day tea this year. It was just too cute!

They sang a little song and recited a poem



They served us refreshments and Jacob was a perfect little gentleman bringing me my sweets and drink.
Then he handed me a gift. Inside was this precious necklace that he made. The little indentation is his thumbprint. So, so sweet!

I didn't get many pictures of the Mother's Day festivities at our house. I made a couple quiches, yogurt and berry parfaits and a salad with oranges and fennel. For dessert, Alan made dessert waffles with homemade vanilla ice cream and a strawberry and rhubarb sauce (the rhubarb was from our garden). Bad picture, but awesome dessert!

Jacob didn't want his picture taken with me, so I took a frowny face pic.

Guess I looked pathetic enough to convince him he better get a pic with his mommy.
Got some great ones. Ha!


I think Jacob was doing some kind of disco dance. LOVE these boys!

This year I said all I wanted for Mother's Day was to get a couple treatments at the mom's night out spa night we had with my boot camp girlies the day after Mother's Day. I got a massage and a pedicure and it was wonderful!

No comments: