Saturday, November 8, 2008
Stupid, stupid, stupid mouse
I sincerely hope this is my last post about this mouse. Unless it is just to say that it is dead! Last night I was so frustrated. Around 9:00 Alan and I started hearing noises. We weren't sure if we were just being paranoid or if it really was the mouse. It really was the mouse. We didn't see it before we went to bed, but once we had settled in we started hearing scratching on the carpet in our room. Alan looked a couple times, but couldn't find it. So annoying knowing that he was in the house, but nowhere to be found. Finally Alan found him squashed between the wall and our bookcase. This is a big mouse and he had gotten himself stuck (evil laugh). Alan grabbed a broomstick and attempted to rid the world of this annoying beast, but he got away. UGH! So Alan proceeded to go on a mouse hunt. By this time Jacob had woken up from all the commotion so I tried to get him back to sleep. After I don't even know how long, Alan gave up the chase hoping mousy had left the building, Jacob was back in bed and all seemed okay. Until we started hearing noises again. Grrrrr. Jacob woke up again screaming. Have I mentioned that I HATE this mouse?!? I went back in and rocked him for a while and Alan went to sit with a flashlight and have a little mouse-watch. He never did see the mouse again so he just gave up. Finally at midnight we were all back in bed either asleep or attempting to. There was little evidence (meaning poo) that the mouse spent the night in the house. I think at some point during Alan's chasing and watching, mousy had left. Even though I am pretty sure he isn't in here and all doors are shut so he can't get in, I still stand back every time I open a door or cupboard. I hate living like that. Stupid mouse!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When we first moved into our house we had mice. One ran across my kitchen counter! And they gnawed at everything in the pantry. It was so disgusting and all I wanted to do was burn down my house and move back to my old one. We ended up killing five of them with traps (YES!!) and getting an exterminator. Have you tried peanut butter in the traps? Yuummm
Post a Comment