On Saturday I headed out to San Pedro to visit my friend Megan. We had a wonderful day-o-fun! We had a nice lunch and then did some shopping. Love those girlie days! She took me to an awesome spice store. They have everything! And it is all good quality stuff for a fantastic price. I got some hot chocolate mix that is super delicious. Anyway, we had a nice day and I didn't get home until almost six.
While I was gone, my parents picked up Jacob and took him to a fall festival where they had a petting zoo. Silly boy was most afraid of the little rabbits. Those little animals are so scary! He seemed to enjoy the goats, though. Must get that from me because the goats are my favorite too. :)


On Sunday we went to the Spanish service at our church to see my friend's little girl get baptized. It is so interesting because the service is done in both English and Spanish. Pastor John has perfected going back and forth between the two. I would not be able to keep my train of thought! After the service we went over to my parents' to feed Jacob lunch and put him down for a nap while we went to a lunch celebrating the baptism. Jacob doesn't do lunch dates anymore because he naps from 12-2/2:30.
Speaking of Jacob's sleep - for the time being we've got a good routine going. He goes to bed at 8:00, sleeps until 6:00 or 6:30 and naps from 12-2. The morning wake time is simply wonderful! I feel much more rested these days. :)
Jacob has been taking more and more unassisted steps lately. It is so cute to see him toddle across the room! I don't think it will be long before he takes off and then starts running. :P He practices a lot standing up from a sitting position. He's getting really good at it too and when he walks and starts to wobble he can correct it and stay standing.
Have you seen my pregnancy ticker? Almost 24 weeks already! I see the doctor tomorrow and will get the results of the ultrasound. Hopefully they didn't see anything worrisome. I have been feeling really good. I have been walking about 3 times a week and I even jog the downhill parts. The second trimester really is the best part of pregnancy for me. I am over the tiredness and nausea, but am not to the huge uncomfortable stage yet. :P I'll have Alan take a picture of my growing belly in the next couple days.
Here is a random picture of Jacob, taken last week. He must have been a little sleepy because he just stopped to take a little rest on his big Homer dog pillow. He laid like that for about 30 seconds, popped his head up when he heard me grab the camera, then laid back down for another quick little rest.
He loves his Homey so much. Whenever Homer comes in the room, his little face lights right up and he squeals. He especially likes seeing him in the morning or when Homer comes to visit during a bath. He thinks that is so funny! His new thing is to feed him too. He'll bite off half the Cheerio and give Homer the rest. Of course Home LOVES that!
2 comments:
I haven't commented for awhile, but I've been following the mouse story. Way to triumph over the little bugger!!
How cute him sleeping on the dog! My son loves to cuddle with our dog Holly they have a special relationship the boy and his dog. By the way the mouse story all I can say is EEEWWWEEE!
Post a Comment