Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rough Week

Our move went really well on Saturday. The day was clear and beautiful with no rain! We were so thankful! It took us a little longer than expected to move the furniture over, but then those things usually do. Other than being pretty tired after it all, the day was good. Then things just sorta went downhill from there.

Saturday night Jacob woke up around 10:30 shivering from being too cold. I put some extra jammies on him and he went back to sleep until about 2:00. He didn't seem cold, so I just rocked him figuring he was just not so sure about his new surroundings. He was dozing so I put him back to bed. That last about 15 minutes and he was up again. I put more jammies on him, thinking maybe he was still too cold. Maybe, but that didn't get him to sleep. Alan and I tried until about 4:00 when we finally just pulled him in bed with us. We even tried having him sleep in the pack-n-play in our room, but he wouldn't sleep there either. I think I got about 2 hours of sleep that night.

Sunday we went to church and came home ready to nap after lunch. Jacob slept until about 1:30 and woke up crying (he usually just babbles). When I got to his room I discovered that he had thrown up everywhere! My poor baby!! We got him all cleaned up and just rested with him for the rest of the day. Poor guy just kept throwing up. He had never done that before and it just broke my heart! That night we let him sleep in the pack-n-play in our room so we could rescue him quickly if he threw up in the night. Monday Jacob seemed much better and was running around all day until the afternoon when he started throwing up again. Arh! So he slept in our room again.

Tuesday morning Jacob was still vomiting a little and was so tired. We sat on the couch all day while he slept off and on. That afternoon I was hit with the bug. Lovely. We are doing okay now. Jacob and I both still have sensitive tummies and are taking it easy, but I think the worst is over. We made the mistake of giving Jacob soup for dinner last night and that all came back to haunt us about 9:00 last night. Again, he slept in our room. At 1:30 he woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. He just cried and cried. I just couldn't take it anymore. I was so tired and it was just too much to listen to his crying so he ended up in bed with us.

So far Jacob has not had a complete nap or a full night's sleep in his new room. I am wondering if he ever will! He's up there napping now and I just pray that he stays asleep for at least an hour and a half. Yesterday he woke up after 45 minutes and wouldn't go back to sleep. I guess if every time I slept there I threw up, I wouldn't like it either. :P

Okay, enough of Patty's Pity Party. Its all a part of parenting, right?

On Tuesday I had an OB appointment and I am dilated 2+ centimeters. The doctor said my body is ready whenever the baby is. Even though I am pretty uncomfortable right now and just ready to meet this little guy, I really hope he decides to stay put for a few more days. It would be nice if we could all be over the ickes. I prayed really hard that night that I was sick that the baby would not come. I couldn't imagine being in labor and having the flu. Ew.

I'll post some pictures later. I need to get some stuff done around here while Jacob naps. Seriously, I have done nothing since moving in and it is killing me seeing all these boxes and rooms that need to be cleaned. :P

4 comments:

Steven, Sara, Zachary and Andrew said...

Glad the move went well, but SO sorry about the flu! It's so hard when they are throwing up - they just don't get what's going on! Hope you are all on the mend for when the new baby arrives!

Julie said...

Man! That flu did NOT come at the most opportune time, did it?!

I hope it settles soon...

And I must say, I can't really imagine the nesting you must be going through getting ready for a baby ON TOP OF being in a new house. Whew!

Jessica said...

Oh man, that is rough! The flu came at a horrible time for you guys! I hope you all feel better VERY soon. It's rough when you're tired, sick and feeling awful... and on top of it having to take care of a baby who feels the same way :( Hopefully you can get well and get unpacked before you have this next baby :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a rough week. Reading it made me want to cry for you! :( Hope it is only uphill from here.