Alan and I had a great time in LA Friday evening. We found most of the antique hardware we were looking for. I should have taken the camera so I could capture how truly black our hands were after pawing through all that old stuff! We walked around for a while and found a Spanish restaurant for dinner. It turned out to be more Mexican, but whatever. It was good. Then we headed over to the theater and waited for the doors to open. It is always interesting to people watch, especially in LA. There was this one girl whose skirt could not have been any shorter. Well, it could have been, but then we would have seen cheek. And it was a dress so she couldn't raise her arms an inch without exposing her bum. How do you sit in something like that? Anyway, the concert was fun. We could have stayed to see another concert in their adjoining theater after this concert was over, but we are too old to go to a midnight concert!
Jacob did great for my parents. He went to bed right on time and even slept in! I'm not sure who had more fun - Alan and I, Jacob or Grandpa and Grandma!
Saturday before picking Jacob up, Alan and I did some dusting. After the floors were refinished, the walls and floors were very dusty. We got a couple rooms done before I had to go pick up my produce and then head over to get Jacob and start lunch. While I was gone, Alan finished a third room so now we can start moving a bunch of stuff in. While he was dusting down the spare room, Alan noticed that the walls had been patched a lot and not very well. So now we are going to have that room resurfaced. Ah, it never ends!
Yesterday we brought a bunch of boxes over before church and then while Jacob napped in the afternoon, Alan and I packed up a bunch more and he brought those over too. I know. I know. It was Sunday, but it is so much easier to do that stuff while Jacob naps! Have you tried to pack a box with a toddler around? Impossible. :P
It looks like moving day is going to be February 14. If you have muscles, a truck, or both, we could use some help! It shouldn't take long since we'll have most of the boxes already moved over. We just need help moving the furniture. I can't really help at all with that at this point!
I've got another OB appointment today and this starts my weekly appointments. EEK! Only about 4 more weeks to go.
1 comment:
so nice to get out on the town... and that your parents are so close!
and so much to look forward to with moving in your house!
Post a Comment