Friday, February 27, 2009

Updates

We are all feeling well again and this week was much better than last. Alan is on spring break so we have been busy bees getting a bunch of stuff done. I'll have to take some pictures to show all the progress.

Monday I had an OB appointment and am dilated to almost 3 cm. That's up from 2+ last week. I told the doctor that sounded like basically the same thing and he said, 'Yeah. Sorry. Not much progress' It could still be any day now, though. Now that everyone is healthy and things around here are fairly organized, he is welcome to come any time. I am starting to get pretty uncomfortable and anxious to meet him!

38-ish weeks


On Tuesday morning Jacob and I had a play date at the park with the moms' group from church. It was a beautiful morning and Jacob had fun playing with the other kids. It was nice for me to get a little break from all the work around the house too. That afternoon we had Mark L. come over and take Jacob's 18 month pictures as well as a few family pics. I think he got some really great shots and I can't wait to see them!

Wednesday I spent the time during Jacob's nap working on getting some food prepared to put up in the freezer. I did that before Jacob was born too and it was so nice to have some ready-made meals. I did a crockpot meal yesterday and today too so I've got quite a selection for us!

Last night Alan and I went to dinner at The Farm, one of our favorite restaurants. We figure this may be our last evening out alone for a while. We had a delicious meal and then walked across the street to an antique shop to poke around a little. We need to get Alan a new desk because his won't fit through the door of his office. We tried everything, but it just won't fit. The door is too narrow. :P

This morning Jacob had his 18 month check up and the doctor said he is doing great. He is 22 lbs, which is between the 5th and 10th percentile. That is up from his last appointment when he was under the 5th percentile. He is up in percentile for height too. Last time he was in the 10-25th percentile and now he is 32 inches which falls in the 25-50th percentile. YAY! It does seem like he is growing a lot lately. It seems like every time I turn around he is too tall for his pants. Its no wonder, though. He eats constantly!

Last weekend the tile company came and re-did the floor in the upstairs bathroom. It is MUCH better! Now we just have to wait for the bath tub to be plumbed for a shower and install the new fixtures and do a little wall repair and painting and then we'll have an upstairs bathroom. I am getting up about 2-3 times a night and have to trudge down the stairs each time. Ugh. I'm guessing the baby will arrive before it is finished, but it will still be nice to have a bathroom close to the bedrooms. Since we don't have a bath tub (the bathroom downstairs has a shower stall), Jacob has to have his baths in the kitchen sink.




Here are just some random pictures taken over the past couple weeks.

A couple weeks ago I had a Valentines Day party here for the moms' group. The kids had a lot of fun on the swing set.




Moving fun


On day I couldn't find Jacob. He was hiding behind the mattress in our room. He loved to sit on that vent and warm up when the heater was running. Fortunately the new house has floor vents too so he can still warm up on his vents. :)


'Helping' Daddy take the table top off


2 comments:

Jessica said...

You are so close! I keep thinking any day now :) I'm glad you're feeling well and more organized and ready.

I loved having a few meals in the freezer after Ethan was born too. I'm sure with two kiddos to care for you'll appreciate them even more this time around!

I'll bring you guys a meal too whenever you want :)

Jessica said...

Oh and The Farm is one of our favorite places too.... yummm.