We drove up on Thursday, taking 9 hours to get there. The boys did SO well. Jacob was perfectly content to rest or read his books and Isaac took lots of naps and played with his crinkly cow toy. I was amazed that Jacob didn't whine once and the only time Isaac cried was when he was trying to go to sleep. He does that anyway, so it wasn't a huge surprise. The return trip went well too. Isaac had a meltdown about a half hour from home, but that isn't too bad when they were in their carseats all day long!
On Friday after breakfast we went to Frog's Leap Winery to do some wine tasting. We did a bit of research beforehand to find a kid-friendly winery. This place was great! We sat on couches on the wrap-around porch sipping our wine while Jacob had his box of organic juice and colored on some coloring sheets they gave him. After our wine tasting we explored their beautiful property. They have an amazing vegetable and fruit garden, tons of fruit trees, and gorgeous flowers. They also have lots of chickens and goats. The goats were so fun! I thought so, anyway. Jacob was a bit freaked by them.
Jacob and Alan doing some tasting
Isaac just HAD to wear his froggy bib to Frog's Leap!
I just love all these pretty daisies
This goat was the funniest! She startled me when I was standing by the fence. She jumped up and tapped me on the shoulder!
Getting some goat kisses
This is as close as Jacob would get to the goats
They also had a really cool koi/frog pond with blooming lily pads
I could have stayed there all day. It was just so peaceful and the weather was gorgeous.
Friday evening the Henrys were gracious enough to invite all of us out-of-towners to dinner at their house. Jacob had so much fun playing with all the toys Dave and Nancy have for their grandsons. Trucks, trucks and more trucks! He was in heaven!! He was having too much fun to even eat. Too bad for him because the food was delicious. He did dive into my cupcake, though and made a huge mess of both of us. :P
On Saturday morning we went to Scientopia, a science center for kids. Jacob had an absolute BLAST!
Even Isaac had fun hanging out on the mats
This was a huge 'sandbox' filled with this weird blue/green stuff that the kids could dig in. Jacob loved it and so did I because he could dig and dig and not get dirty. :D
The wedding reception was on Saturday evening and we all had a great time. There were lots of kids Jacob's age and even though he was too shy to play with them, he did have a lot of fun playing with all the toys.
I'm not sure what he is pointing at here, but it must have been pretty important
He especially loved dancing
He was in awe at the fact that the music was coming from the people. He is used to hearing music come from a radio. Guess we need to bring him to see more live music.
Megan, the boys and me. It was a hot night and this was taken at the end of the evening after the boys and I had melted. Don't we look lovely?
In spite of the heat, it was a great night. The food was yummy bbq and for dessert we had ice cream. Lots of ice cream. I had way too much ice cream. Jacob wasn't interested in it at first, until mine was almost gone. Then he decided he wanted more so we got him a scoop of strawberry and the ice cream people convinced me (without much arm twisting, I might add) that I needed to try one of the ice cream sandwiches. It was SO good and even though all that ice cream gave me a tummy ache, I didn't care.
What a great vacation! It was just what I needed. :D
Thank you to the Henrys for inviting us and showing us such a great time.
Congrats to Scott and Megan, the happy couple. We had so much fun celebrating with you!
3 comments:
Looks like fun :) Glad you could get away, relax, and enjoy family... it's always nice to do that :)
I LOVE Frog's Leap Winery. The best one in Napa. Do they still have the big herb garden? Did you try to shoot a basket at the end of the wine tasting to win a free poster? Did you shoot an airball like I did? :) Not to mention, the wine is fabulous...
Joyce, yes they have a huge garden with tons of fruits and veggies and herbs. I didn't see the basketball hoop, though. Maybe they don't do that anymore. Bummer. I have awesome basketball skills. Yeah, right!
The wine is fabulous, especially the $75 bottle (which we did not buy, by the way).
Post a Comment