Friday we had an interesting Baby Boot Camp class. Before class I was sitting on a picnic bench nursing Isaac when I heard this bzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzz sound really close to my ear. I turn my head and am eye to eye with a hummingbird! We figured it must have been attracted to my colorful nursing cover. Yikes! Then we were all doing some arm exercises using our stretchy bands on a wrought iron fence when (no, I didn't break another band!) this lady drives by and yells (rather nastily) to not ruin her bushes. Yeah, like we were going to trample her bushes - in front of our children! We're there twice a week and her bushes are still intact. Whatever, lady. During our cool down this couple came and starting ripping out the park's bamboo and stripping the leaves off. We thought that was rather brazen. I found out later that they were using them to knock down oranges from the park's trees. Pretty sure that is a no-no. Never a dull moment at Boot Camp!
Friday Jacob wore his baseball cap to class and then during lunch and then he wanted to keep it on for his nap. I made sure to bring the camera with me when I went up to get him in case he still had it on.
Sure enough!
Saturday morning we all headed downtown to check out the new farmers' market. We should have gotten there earlier because many vendors were close to being sold out. We did snag some strawberries, avocados, nectarines and cucumbers. Super yummy! One of the cucumber varieties is an Armenian cucumber. It is long, skinny, ridged and chartreuse. Can't wait to try it!
Saturday afternoon Jacob, Isaac and I played upstairs for a while. Jacob likes to play in his sock and hat drawer. He always finds a cool hat to wear around. Saturday he chose a knit cap that my cousin Amy made for him. So silly! Isaac and I were sitting in the rocking chair and Jacob pulled his sock monkey out of his crib and gave it to Isaac. Then he pulled out his blankie and covered Isaac with it. So sweet! He wanted to come up on my lap too, so we all cuddled for a while. I wish Alan had been around with the camera!
While we were upstairs playing, Alan was working hard on the chicken coop. Its looking good! We'll be moving the chickens out there as soon as he is finished. They are getting a little crowded in their box!
Later that afternoon we went to Karla W's birthday party at Yucaipa Community Park. It was chilly! I bundled the boys up, but didn't bring a jacket for myself. I was desperate so I used one of Isaac's receiving blankets as a shawl. I looked awesome! Jacob had a fun time playing with balloons, eating cake and taking a whack at the piƱata.
This afternoon after naps we all played outside for a while and took lots of pictures.
Isaac likes kicking around on his blanket
So serious!
The chickens enjoyed playing in their playpen and Jacob had fun watching them. He is getting more and more brave.
I like how you can just see Jacob's eyes over the chickens. Aren't they getting big? They are all feathers now, hardly any fluff left!
I realized there were no pictures of me with my chicks, so here I am with Lily
Taking a little snooze in Mommy's lap
3 comments:
I love that last picture! Isaac is getting such chubby cheeks! I Always find your blog amusing, Patty!
very interesting stories from your boot camp :)
You look really nice in the last picture, and Isac is adorable !! :)
wow Probably the lady at the boot camp is trying to keep everyone awake. ha ha
Post a Comment