Some evenings Jacob watches the last half of Sesame Street after dinner. There is an Elmo's World segment which starts with a little song, 'La la la la. La la la la. Elmo's World'. Its quite catchy and we find ourselves singing that little ditty throughout the day. This morning Alan was singing it, but saying, 'Isaac's world'. He then asked Jacob, 'Is it Isaac's world?' 'No.' 'Whose world is it?' 'Jacob's'. Oh nice!
Apparently we are all chickens, except for Jacob. Even Homey is a 'bawk-bawk'. And I am yucky, but nobody else is. Guess I am a yucky chicken!
Jacob can count to 5, but often skips 4. 'One, two, fee, fie'. We are trying to teach him the colors and sometimes he is eager to learn while other times, not so much. The other day he was coloring and I made some different colored shapes to quiz him. He wasn't interested. When my brother was little he said to my mom, 'Please don't make me learn.' Sometimes I think that if Jacob could express that, he would.
Isaac is no longer 'I-Yi'. Jacob now calls him Isaac.
He still talks about his 'too-bah all gone. Toiwet' Translation: Toothbrush all gone. Toilet. I think I mentioned that a couple weeks ago he threw his toothbrush down the toilet and I couldn't get it back. Guess that was a pretty important event in Jacob's world.
He loves to help me with chores. If I get out the vacuum he runs as fast as he can to find his little vacuum while yelling, 'Vacu, vacu!' He really vacuums with gusto too! He likes to take dirty clothes to the 'launry' room and help me sort clothes. At the end of the day he puts Mr. Potato Head 'night-night', which means in its box and up on the shelf and put his 'trackys' (tractors) in the toy box.
It seems like every day he surprises me with something he remembers or things he says. Here are a few pictures of Jacob being Jacob.
He loves this blanket. It was made by my aunt for Isaac, but Jacob has adopted it as his own. He has a 'banket' in his crib too, but this is his downstairs 'banket'. He is always saying, 'Hep me. Banket' which means he wants us to cover him up in it. And heaven forbid we try to use the blanket! One day I was chilly and tried using it, but he kept pulling it off me and saying, 'No, Mama'.
Last week we went out to Cabazon to get Jacob some new shoes. I attempted to take a picture of him in them and this is the best I could get. Here he is with his 'necka' and messy hair, sucking on a potato masher and pulling on my robe.
We often find him in the toy box, but I have never seen him actually crawl in so I don't know how he does it. I am assuming he just sort of falls in. He is holding one of his favorite toys right now - a match box car. He also really likes this little John Deere lawn mower (not pictured). He carries those two toys all over and as soon as he gets up he is asking for his 'Ki, Ki' (car, car). He usually remembers right where he left them too. I wonder what the 'toy of the week' will be this week!
2 comments:
so creative, and such a smart boy!
He is such a cutie!!
Post a Comment