This week just seems to be filled with those precious little moments that make being a mom so rewarding.
Isaac recently learned how to wave and it is just the cutest thing! I need to get a video of it. Its sort of this mechanical parade wave. The other night when Alan and I were leaving for the concert, my mom, Jacob and Isaac were standing at the picture window watching us leave. It was so cute to see my two boys waving good-bye to us, especially from our newest waver.
Jacob has been doing this for a while, but I wanted to document it so that when he is older and just cannot stand his little brother, we can remind him of it. Whenever Isaac is going to bed, I say, 'Jacob tell Isaac good-night.' So Jacob says 'Night-night Isaac.' and then with some urgency, 'I give him a kiss!' and I have to bring Isaac over to Jacob so he can give him a night-night kiss. I just love that!
This morning the boys were both playing on the kitchen floor while I was cleaning up after breakfast and I watched Jacob lean over, give Isaac a hug and say, 'I love Isaac'. Just makes me teary thinking of it. So, so sweet and totally unprompted!
Isaac has been giving hugs and kisses too, although not as frequently as his big brother (Jacob has been very affectionate lately). The other morning when Alan was leaving for work, Jacob gave him a hug and kiss good-bye as he always does. I was holding Isaac and he started wriggling and squirming to get down. As soon as I set him down, he rushed over to Alan and gave him a hug and kiss (which is basically just putting his mouth on your face and getting it all slobbery). Oh, how that just melted my heart!
I just love those two sweet, sweet boys!
1 comment:
Aw, how precious! I love moments like that- it makes the hard moments worth it :o) I'm glad you have such sweet little boys!
Post a Comment