Friday, April 9, 2010

Safety Reminder

Just want to remind you to always wear your helmet while riding your bike. ALWAYS!!

Wednesday morning, while riding his bike to school, Alan was hit by a car that blew through a stop sign. He's fine, except for 2 broken ribs and lots of scrapes and bruises. It could have been much, much worse and I am just so thankful that he was wearing his helmet and was paying attention. Please also remember to be super vigilant while riding your bike! Alan saw the lady coming up fast to the stop sign so he slowed down a bit. If he hadn't, she would have hit him smack on, probably shattering his leg or running him right over, instead of just nicking his front wheel like she did. Scary stuff! I see people riding around town all the time without their helmets, riding on the wrong side of the road, talking on their cell phones and listening to their iPods. That is so dangerous! So don't do it!!

Now I hope that lady gets slapped with a HUGE fine!

5 comments:

Two Guys and a Girl said...

Oh my word! I'm glad he's not more hurt!! What a scary thing!

Steven, Sara, Zachary and Andrew said...

So scary!! So glad to hear he wasn't hurt too bad. Hope he feels better soon!

Mark Leonard said...

That's crazy! I'm glad to hear he's alright.

Charlee said...

Thats so scary!!!

My hubby rides a motorcycle and people never watch out for them he had a car pull right over to him and had to choose hit car or hit dirt. He chose dirt!

Jessica said...

Wow! That is so scary! I'm so glad he's ok!