Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas

Christmas morning Isaac carried around George and gave Mary, Joseph and the 'Wise Guys' (thank you, Alan) for a little ride in the safari truck.


Around 10:00 we headed over to my parents' for a yummy brunch. I was wearing my Grandma's smock while cutting up potatoes and Alan made fun of me. I think he said something like, 'Wow. That's really something else.' Then he took my picture because he reminded me that I am always telling him he needs to take more pictures of me.
So, I threatened him with a knife. Too bad you can't really see the knife in the picture.

Reading the Christmas story with Boppa before opening our gifts. Isaac had no interest whatsoever in sitting and listening to a story. Go figure!

I got Alan this cool fedora to wear for the wedding. Snazzy guy!

Thomas tub toys from Uncle Mike and Aunt Jennifer. Those were a hit!

Jacob had to help everyone open their gifts. Usually by the time he brought the gift to you it was already half unwrapped. He had so much fun!

Brooms! The boys love to help me clean and they had been pushing a squeegee around as a broom so this will be much more 'effective'.


We got the boys trains - James for Jacob and Hiro for Isaac. Love the look at the excitement on his face!

Mike and I both got my mom an umbrella. That was my fault. When Mike asked for some ideas for mom, I said, 'Oh, she needs a new umbrella' Then I forgot I told him that and got one for her. She thought they were both so cute that she decided to keep them both.

Isaac really threw himself into opening this gift.

But he lost interest pretty quickly and started playing with his train.

Jacob helped Boppa put the wheels on the new wagon. He was so proud!

Two red wagons!

Love this picture!

Jacob is very into birthdays, always asking whose is next and what kind of cake we can make so I knew we just HAD to make a birthday cake for Jesus. Jacob was so excited about the idea and loved helping me make a cake for Jesus' birthday. While we were making it he said we couldn't eat it because it was for Jesus so I explained that I was sure Jesus would share.
Chocolate almond cake with chocolate ganache and sliced almonds.

Jacob loved wearing Boppa's new headphones and dancing to some tunes. In the background Alan is reading his new "Cooking for Geeks' book. I have a feeling we'll be seeing plenty of cooking experiments going on in our kitchen. In fact, as I write this Alan is preparing to put a no-knead bread in the oven. Can't wait to try it!

Two kids at heart!

After we ate a light dinner we went to look at some cool Christmas lights. There were three houses that put up a ton of lights and then synced them to music. The boys were mesmerized! So was I, actually.

This Christmas was definitely more crazy since both boys are so active and into the gifts, but it was also a ton of fun! I love seeing Jacob and Isaac get so excited and especially loved how they got excited about the story of Jesus' birth.

1 comment:

Sarah Schenkel said...

Love the brooms--where'd you get them? My girls love to "help" too. :) And I meant to make a birthday cake for Jesus, too--Aliyah was so excited about it--but it got busy. I feel horrible about it!