Tuesday, September 20, 2011

4 Year stats

Jacob had his 4 year check up today and just so I can remember in years to come, I am posting his stats.
33.4 pounds (25th percentile)
39 inches (20th percentile)

Jacob went to see his doctor a week or so ago because of some intestinal issues and is now on a dairy-free, high-fiber diet. I thought Jacob would really fight it because he LOVES cheese and LOVES his morning and evening cup of milk. He has accepted it amazingly, though. He likes the almond milk and tolerates the soy cheese. He knows (and announces) that he can't have cow's milk and cheese. The doctor suggested prunes and Fiber One cereal (the stuff that looks like sticks). Those were a tougher sell. Hmmmm.....that's no surprise! I made some muffins using the Fiber One and he likes those and one day in an attempt to get him to eat the prunes, Alan cut up them up and put them in his applesauce. Jacob right away said they were jelly beans and ate it all up. Now he and Isaac request applesauce or yogurt (which he can still have) with jelly beans. Cracks me up! All of this seems to be working, but I asked the doctor if we can slowly introduce dairy because the whole no cheese thing is a bit of a stretch. I mean, if we have to keep doing that to keep Jacob healthy, we will but if he can have a bit of cheese and milk once in a while, it would make things easier.

Jacob has done so well with all the doctor appointments and other things he has had to endure. I am so proud of him! He didn't even cry when he got three shots today. He just yelled with the last one, 'Hey, that hurts!' He is getting to be such a big boy!

We decided to start a chore chart and small allowance for Jacob and he seems to enjoy helping out and getting a sticker when he does one of his jobs.
In these pictures he is saying, 'Chore chart!'

2 comments:

Julie said...

That's funny: I was JUST working on Eva's chart!

Charlee said...

Breven had intestinal issues and we removed dairy for 2 years then we were able to bring it back once we figured out how much his tummy can tolerate so it may be temporary! We also had fiber, lots of water and amazingly probiotics it sounds odd but works if he can tolerate a little yogurt its possible or the soy yogurt has probiotics as well!

I am glad to see we are not the only parents using chores and allowance at an early age its great to help with making responsible choices they are very cautious when its thier cash!