Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Belated Birthday Party

On Sunday we celebrated Jen and Jacob's birthdays, a little late. Because of vacations and holidays we couldn't get together until now. Better late than never though, right?

Jacob requested a Mater cake (from the movie Cars) so I came up with an easy design since cake decorating is not one of my gifts. The boys were so excited to help me put on the chocolate rocks. I think Jacob ate more than he actually put on the cake.

Chocolate cake, peanut butter frosting, crushed chocolate wafer cookies to make the road and decorated with chocolate rocks.

Jacob was super excited about the gifts he got!

Isaac was super excited to see the talking Mater. So excited he practically jumped over the table.

Oh, that face! It was so hard for him to see Jacob playing with his new toy, that was out of his reach.

Jacob needs to learn his numbers! So, Boppa and Oma got him a fun number puzzle that he loves!

Jen is also super excited about her gifts!

Jacob loves to use our camera so we thought that would be a good gift for his birthday. Its pretty hilarious to watch him use the camera and then to see the pictures he took!

Jacob loved his Mater cake!

The birthday kids! What goofs!!

1 comment:

Sarah Schenkel said...

You haven't even taken a cake decorating class, and you're better than I am! I always love seeing your cakes.