I took them to the doctor on Wednesday and got some eye drops for their pink eye. Putting drops in a kid's eyes is just pure torture for everyone involved. 2 drops in each eye/3 times a day x 2 kids = torture times 20!
Alan and I have also been dealing with our own colds so everyone here is just run down.
Yesterday morning was gorgeous and I was feeling stir crazy from having to be confined to our home so I convinced the boys to go outdoors for a bit. Isaac really needed no convincing. He'll go outdoors anytime, but Jacob was not so sure. I finally lured him with a book picnic. We got out a quilt, made some tea and a snack, grabbed some books and headed to the backyard. The boys loved it!!
They were so excited to see the books I picked out.


Their hair is all fuzzy because they just got out of the bath. I usually bathe them at night, but they weren't up to it the night before and they were in serious need of one with all the eye crust/ooze, snot and sick smell from fevers. My poor guys!

Jacob kinda pooped out after a while.
Take my picture, Mom!

Look at that eye!

Jacob actually fell asleep on the blanket (with a lemon)
Just makes me sad how much they endured this week.
Isaac would wake up in the night, 'Mama! Mama! I can't see!' Then I would go to him and he would say, 'You has to get a warm cwoff (cloth)' So I would get a wet, soft cloth and wipe at his eyes until he could get them open again. His left eye was so puffy, though, that he could hardly open it anyway. Oh, just broke my heart.
And Jacob was just so tired and worn out all the time, hardly eating anything. He took lots of naps and wanted to snuggle a lot.
Isaac seems better today. His eyes are almost cleared up and he is running around like a banshee again. Jacob is still not himself. He had a bit of a fever this evening and complained of a sore throat. I am ready for everyone to be healthy and to go back to our normal routine!
No comments:
Post a Comment