Saturday, December 20, 2008

I know. I know.

My mom said that if she opens my blog and sees the Face Plant picture one more time, she is going to scream. So, I guess it is time to post something! It has been busy around here. The days just slip by so quickly! I had every intention of posting this past week, but Jacob had a difficult time with sleep and it made for an exhausting week. He was completely refusing his nap and his nighttime sleep wasn't that great either. His sleepiness made him very clingy and I got squat done. Fortunately things seem to be back on track. Today he took a 3 hour nap!

Jacob's new favorite thing is to have books read to him or to read books to us. Dozens of times during the day he will bring me a book and make little grunt noises meaning 'read to me!'. Last night he was in the kitchen with Homer. He had a book open, pointing at the pictures and just babbling away. I wish I had gotten a video of him reading to the dog! It was absolutely adorable!

For Christmas we got Jacob a kid-sized couch. He loves it! This is one of his favorite ways to sit on it.



These were taken a couple Sundays ago. He looked so cute in his sweater vest and my mom wanted me to take a picture of him in the outfit. It wasn't easy!!

This is mostly what we got. He thought it was SO funny to roll around on the couch.





Last Sunday evening was the church Christmas program. They didn't offer childcare, but I thought we would give it a try. Jacob did so well! During the kid parts he just sat mesmerized! He even 'sang' along a couple times. :) During the rest of the program he just sat quietly reading his books or looking around. He must have been kinda sleepy or something to sit so long!

This past week I scheduled a bunch of appointments while Alan is on break. I got a haircut, my eyes checked and Homer had his yearly check-up. Homer gained 5 pounds this year thanks to all the food Jacob throws him!
I also got all my Christmas shopping done and my cards mailed out. YAY! Can you believe Christmas is in like 4 days?!?

On Monday we have our walk-through at the new house. I can't wait to see the house again. It has been a while and my memory is fading on some of the details. :P We are scheduled to close on the 30th. Not too much longer!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute couch!

Julie said...

I agree with your mom. I was looking forward to hearing from you again! Glad things are going better with Jacob's napping.