Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sick Boy Update

Jacob is still a sick boy. :( He is in pretty good spirits, though, so that is good. He doesn't run around, but sits and plays with his toys and doesn't whine or anything. He still has a fever that goes up and down during the day. This morning when he got up it was 102 and was back up to that when I came home from church. His nose is a little runny too, but mostly just in the morning when he gets up. He doesn't have much of an appetite either. Poor little boy!

I went to church this morning while the boys stayed home (Alan woke up with a sore throat). This is what I found when I came home.



Isn't that just sad? He looked so forlorn and sleepy. Alan said he had been sitting up on the couch, but right before I came home, he just laid down. Very unusual for Jacob! I gave him a little lunch and plopped him in bed. I think he was asleep before I even left the room.

That is a potato masher that he is holding. Jacob doesn't find comfort in things like stuffed animals or blankies, but rather things like potato mashers and rakes. :P

4 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, poor boy. It reminds me of Maddie when she was hit with the flu and had so little energy. Hope you're ok with getting another load of boxes! :)

Steven, Sara, Zachary and Andrew said...

Poor Jacob! Hope he feel better soon!

Jessica said...

Awe, poor little guy! That reminds me of Ethan when he had the flu (like Jill) and he wouldn't even sit up, he would just plop over. It's so sad when they are sick. At least he's in good spirits! I hope he gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Poor Jacob and poor mommy and daddy. I hope he feels better soon. It seems like so many little ones have gotten hit hard this year (SEE ABOVE!!)