When we got out of the car, Jacob looked at the ocean and yelled, 'Wawee! Wawee!' (his word for water). Yup. Big water!
His first trip down to the water. I just love this picture!
He loved splashing in the waves
And playing in the sand
And rolling in the sand
Jacob also liked watching some middle school boys playing with a volleyball. He thought that was pretty cool! When they left he said, 'Buh-bye. See you'. So hilarious!
Isaac had a lot of fun just hanging out on the blanket. I did take him down to the water a couple times to dip his feet in and he enjoyed it until the waves crashed too high up on his legs. The water was pretty cold!
Playing with his crab
Love this picture!
Alan took this picture to prove that I was there.
Enjoying a little snack
There is an aquarium at the end of the pier at Manhattan Beach, so after we loaded up all our beach junk, we went for a walk up the pier to check it out. There were a couple tanks where you could touch the creatures with one finger, but Jacob wanted no part of that!
Here he is looking cute in front of the tank
Then we met our friends Scott and Megan at The Counter in El Segundo for some yummy burgers. Right when the food came, Isaac decided he didn't want to sit in his seat anymore. We always joke that he smells the food and starts to cry! I tried to eat with him on my lap, but that is impossible these days. He is so grabby!
After Megan finished her meal, she took Isaac so I could eat. I missed getting a picture of him giving her big, sloppy kisses all over her face.
After dinner we drove over to Whole Foods to get Jacob some milk. Alan ran in while I changed the boys into their jammies. While Jacob drank his milk, I fed Isaac and then we took off for home. Within 15 minutes, both boys were sound asleep again. YAY!
We didn't get home until almost 9:00, so it was a long day, but a very fun one!
1 comment:
Happy 2nd birthday, Jacob! Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate to me!
Post a Comment